- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
3 BCL men hurt in Rajshahi factional clash
Rajshahi University, BdChronicle:
At least three Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) men were injured in a factional clash in the city on Sunday.
The injured are Md Rasel, vice-president of Rajshahi University (RU) unit BCL, Anik Mahmud Boni, an expelled leader of the unit, and Mithu, an activist of Rajshahi College unit BCL.
They were admitted to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital.
Police arrested BCL men Sabuj and Tushar, also cousins of Rasel, over the clash.
RU campus sources said Boni, also a student of the Economics Department, along with some of his followers swooped on Rasel when he went to Binodpur adjacent to the university campus for taking tea.
Being informed, Rasel’s cousins Sabuj and Tushar along with their followers rushed in and attacked Boni with sharp weapons, triggering a clash between the two groups.
On information, police rushed in, took the situation under control and arrested Sabuj and Tushar from the spot, said Mehedi Hasan, officer-in-charge of Matihar Police Station.