- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
IU’s prog to observe Shaheed Dibas
Islamic University (IU) authorities have taken elaborate programmes to observe the Shaheed Dibas and International Mother Language Day on the campus in Kushtia on February 21 (Wednesday).
A special prayer will be offered for salvation of the departed souls of the Language Movement heroes at the university’s central mosque after Maghrib prayers on February 20, said an IU press release on Sunday evening.
Teachers, officers, staff and students of the university will bring out a mourning rally from in front of the university’s administrative building at 11:45pmon February 20.
The rally will end in front of the university’s central Shaheed Minar after parading the main roads on the campus.
Later, IU Vice-chancellor Prof M Harun-Ur-Rashid Askari, Pro-VC Prof M Shahinoor Rahman, Treasurer Prof M Selim Toha and acting Registrar SM Abdul Latif will place floral wreaths at the Shaheed Minar after zero hours on February 21, the release added.