- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
BNP to stand by arrested leaders, activists: Nazrul Islam
BNP has decided to stand beside its arrested leaders and activists alongside carrying out a peaceful movement demanding its chairperson Khaleda Zia’s release from jail.
BNP standing committee member Nazrul Islam Khan came up with the announcement at a programme at the party’s Nayapaltan central office.
Jatiyatabadi Samajik Sangskritik Sangstha (Jasas) arranged the programme launching its signature collection drive demanding Khaleda’s release.
“A countrywide mass signature collection drive is going on seeking the release of our leader (Khaleda). Alongside it, we’ve decided to stand beside our colleagues who were arrested by police,” Nazrul said.
He said they have started visiting the houses of their arrested leaders and showing sympathy to their family members.
The BNP leader alleged that the government convicted their chairperson in a ‘false and fabricated’ case only out of its political vengeance.
He said the government is still showing its vindictive attitude towards Khaleda even after sending her to jail as it is not providing the certified copy of the verdict against her.
The BNP leader said Khaleda has now become the ‘mother’ of the country’s majority people and a revered person to them after she was sent to jail ‘unfairly’.