- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
Buet, DU students among 6 jailed for proxying in recruitment test
A mobile court here on Friday sentenced six students of different universities and colleges to different jail terms for appearing in a recruitment test as proxies.
The convicts were identified as Fardeen Hasan, 25, Faysal Sarkar, students of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet), Md Anawar Hossain, a student of Dhaka University (DU) and Shafiqul Islam Sumon, 24, Md Abdul Kadir, 26, Md Shariful Islam, 24, students of Gurudayal Government College.
Additional Deputy Commissioner (ADC) Tarafdar Md Akhtar Jameel said invigilators caught them red-handed on charge of acting proxies for other job seekers in the recruitment test for five posts of Kishoreganj district administration.
Later, a mobile court of senior executive magistrate Abu Tahed Md Sayeed sentenced them to one and half months’ imprisonment each, the ADC added.