- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
Faizur’s parents, uncle remanded over attack on Zafar Iqbal
A court here on Sunday placed the parents and an uncle of Faizur Hasan, who attacked Prof Muhammed Zafar Iqbal of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST), on remand for different terms in a case filed over the attack.
Haridas Kumar, judge of Sylhet Metropolitan Court, put father Atikur Rahman and uncle (maternal) Fazlur Rahman on a 5-day remand and mother Minara Begum on a 2-day remand after police produced them before the court seeking a 7-day remand for each, said Amulya Kumar, assistant commissioner of police (prosecution) of the Sylhet Metropolitan Police.
Earlier on Thursday, the court placed Faizur Hasan a 10-day remand in a case filed over the attack.
Prof Zafar Iqbal came under attack at Mukta Mancha of SUST during the two-day celebration programme, 'Robofight,' of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) department on March 3.
Faizur, aged about 25, was arrested from the spot.