- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
Hajj registration deadline now ends March 18
The government has extended the deadline by seven days for the registration of Hajj pilgrims for the year of 2018 under both government and private managements.
The registration which is scheduled to begin on March 1 will now end on March 18, Religious Affairs Ministry Secretary Anisur Rahman told UNB on Sunday.
“The initiative was taken so that every intending pilgrim can complete the registration process,” said the secretary.
This year’s Hajj flights will begin on July 14. A total of 1,27,198 pilgrims - 7,198 under government management and 1,20,000 under private management – are expected to perform Hajj from Bangladesh.
The Hajj is likely to be held on August 21 this year subject to the moon sighting.