- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
Sylhet, Mar 11 (UNB) - A schoolgirl was raped allegedly by two teenagers at Chanpur village in Balaganj upazila on Saturday.
The alleged rapists are Arif, 19, son of Ashique Miah, a former member of Balaganj union parishad and resident of Syria village of the upazila, and Rumon Das, 17, son of Upandra Das of Nabiganj upazila in Habiganj district.
The victim’s father filed a case accusing the duo with Balaganj Police Station on Saturday night while the victim was sent to Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital for medical test, said SM Jalal Uddin, officer-in-charge of the police station.
According to the case statement, the accused took the Class-VII girl to the house of Rumon and violated her there in turns.
The culprits also captured the scene on their mobile phones, threatening to upload those on the internet if she discloses the incident.
The OC said drives were on to arrest the culprits who are accused in another case filed for stabbing a college boy in the area last year.