- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
Locals protest dumping of coal in residential areas in Jessore
Locals have protested the open dumping of coal in open-air locations of Nawapara industrial and residential area of the district on Sunday.
Nawapara industrial area is the largest wholesale market for imported goods like coal, rice, fertilizer and stones.
The locals arranged the rally where former Nawapara Union Parishad chairman Shah Ashrafuzzaman, journalist Mostafa Faruk Ahmed, former national level footballer Jahidul Islam and people from all corners of the society were present at the rally.
The speakers urged the government and authorities concerned to take steps against hazardous dumping of coal in the residential areas and open places.