- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
Minor girl ‘raped’ in Satkhira
A seven-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth at Uttar Nalta village in Tala upazila on Sunday noon.
The victim’s father said Baharul Islam, 19, son of Nurul Sardar of the village, took his daughter to an abandoned building adjacent to their home where he violated her.
Hearing her screams, her mother rescued her, he said, adding that the alleged rapist managed to flee.
The girl was first taken to Tala Upazila Health Complex where doctors referred her to Satkhira Sadar Hospital as her condition deteriorated due to excessive bleeding, said Dr Saifullah Al Kafee, a medical officer at the district hospital.
On information, police super of the district Md Sazzadur Ramhan visited the victim at the hospital.
Contacted, the SP said they were trying to arrest the culprit.