- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
Elderly woman killed in CTG fire
An elderly woman was killed in a fire while cooking in her kitchen at East Chararkul village in Hathazari upazila on Monday night.
The deceased was identified as Noor Banu, 55, wife of Miadhon of the village.
Local sources said, the fire broke out from the kitchen stove and caught her saree and soon spread to the entire house, leaving her dead on the spot.
On information, two firefighting units of the upazila rushed to spot and doused the flames, said Zaker Hossain, station officer of the upazila Fire Services and Civil Defense unit.