- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
3 of a Jessore family among plane crash victims
Three members of a family of Upashahar in the district town are among the dead of the US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crash at Tribhuvan International Airport in the capital of Himalayan country Nepal on Monday.
The victims are Rafiquz Zaman, 45, his wife Sanzida Haque, 35, and their only son Aniruddha Zaman, 7.
Fazal Mahmud, cousin of Sanzida, programme officer of Sushashoner Jonno Nagorik (Sujon), said they heard the news of the plane crash around 4pm.
Sanzida was the eldest among three children of Sabeurl Haque of Upashahar. However, they are now living in Dhaka.
At least 50 people died as an aircraft of US-Bangla Airlines from Dhaka to Kathmandu crashed at Tribhuvan International Airport in the capital of the Himalayan country on Monday, said officials.