- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
DSE, CSE indices showing downtrend
The prices of most shares on both bourses -- Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) and the Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) -- witnessed a negative trend in the early hours of trading on Monday.
After first one and half hours of trading, the benchmark index of the country’s premier bourse went down by 50.45 points while the Selective Category Index of port city bourse shed 59.72 points.
DSEX, the prime index of the DSE, shed over 50.45 points or 0.87 percent to stand at 5,722.91 points at 12:05pm.
The two other indices also saw downtrend till then. The DSE Shariah Index (DSES) also lost 10.84 points or 0.79 percent to stand at 1,352.94 points.
The DS30 index, comprising blue chips, went down by 14.89 points or 0.70 percent to reach 2,111 points.
The turnover, the crucial indicator of the market, stood at Tk 1,057.28 million on the DSE.
Of the issues traded till then, 26 advanced, 251 declined and 34 remained unchanged.
Monno Ceramic Industries Ltd was the most traded stocks till then with shares worth Tk 96.97 million changing hands, followed Dragon Sweater & Spinning, Gemini Sea Food, Grameenphone and BRAC Bank.
The port city bourse – the Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) – also posted a downward spike till then with its Selective Category Index – CSCX – losing 59.72 points to stand at 10,731 points, also at 12:05pm.
Of the issues traded till then, 14 gained, 119 declined and 21 issues remained unchanged with a turnover of Tk 39.60 crore.