- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
Indefinite bus strike in Barishal division
Bus owners and workers of Patuakhali and Barguna districts on Tuesday called an indefinite strike from Wednesday morning on 17 routes of Barishal division demanding a quick resolution of conflict between two bus associations of the region.
Bus Owners and Workers Co-ordination associations of the two districts declared the strike after forming a human chain at Patuakhali Bus Stand area around 11am.
Protesters alleged that bus owners of Mirzagonj upazila of Patuakhali and Jhalokathi district formed two different associations and often forcefully put off passengers from buses and also harass passengers.
Some associations of bus owners and workers of Barishal, Barguna, Pirojpur, Bhola and Bagerhat districts also formed human chains protesting the conflict, said Golam Maola Dulu, General Secretary of Patuakhali bus owners and workers association.