- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
Man, housewife commit suicide in Jessore
In separate incidents, a housewife and a man reportedly committed suicide in different upazilas of the district early Tuesday.
The deceased were identified as Farhana Khatun alias Munni, 35 wife Jahangir of Laukhali village in Sadar upazila and Ekramul, 45, son of Ari Ahammad of Vangura village in Bagharpara upazila.
Quoting locals AKM Ajmol Huda, officer-in-charge of Kotwali Police Station said Farhana Khatun had been suffering from serious stomach pain for long.
Unable to tolerate pain on early Tuesday, she committed suicide by hanging herself with an arrow of her bed room around 12am.
Ekramul committed suicide by taking pesticide over family feud last night. He died at Jessore General Hospital while undergoing treatment.
Two separate cases of unnatural deaths were filed with Kotwali Police Station, the OC added.