- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
Gang-rape prime accused held in Sylhet
Members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in a drive arrested the prime accused in a case filed over the gang-rape of a housewife in Sunamganj from Upashahar area of the city on Tuesday.
The arrestee is Faizul Haque, 34, son of late Arju Miah of Kolagaon village in Chhatak upazila of Sunamganj district.
On secret information, a team of Rab-9, led by Major Md Shawkatul Monayem, conducted the drive in the area in the evening and arrested Faizul, said Md Moniruzzaman, additional police super of the elite force.
Faizul was wanted in the case filed under the Women and Children Repression Prevention Act in Chhatak, he said, adding that the elite force handed him over to Chhatak Police Station.