- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
New salary structure for the state owned banks from current month
The employees of four state-owned banks will get new salaries from the current month. The salaries will increase by 70% after implementation of the pay scales.
According to the official data, there is 4,958 staff at Bangladesh Bank, 23,363 at Sonali Bank, 15,146 at Janata Bank, 13,558 at Agrani Bank and 4,293 at Rupali Bank.
However, the separate pay scale for Bangladesh Bank employees can be implemented under the existing legal framework and no amendment of law will be required, said finance division officials quoting law ministry. The government can implement it through issuance of a circular.
Dr Aslam Alam, secretary to bank and financial institutions division has said “We have received affirmative response from the law ministry to executive BB pay scale without change to law”.
After the receiving law ministry’s suggestion, Finance Minister AMA Muhith already gave permission to implement it along with that of the four state-owned commercial banks.
Financial Institutions Division will send letters to the state-owned commercial banks to execute the pay scale from March, 2014. However, the government is yet to decide when Bangladesh Bank’s pay scale will be implemented.
Earlier on November 12, 2013 Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina signed the recommendations of the secretaries’ committee on separate pay scale.
The lowest grade will be Tk6, 000 and for the highest grade will be Tk55, 000 under the new 11-grade pay scale which will replace the existing 20-grade pay structure.