- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Road accident kills one in Bogra
A pedestrian kills and 10 others injured in a road accident at Bogra’s Shibganj upazila on Saturday. The deceased identified as Abdur Razzak.
Locals and witnesses said around 7.30am the accident took place at Mahastan Hajipara area of Shibganj upazila as a Dhaka bound ‘Romar Enterprise’ (Metro Ga-010086) bus from Nilphamari lose its control.
The accident leaves one died.
Sub Inspector of Shibganj Police Station Moslem Uddin confirmed the accident. He said the injured have been admitted into Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College and Hospital.