- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
CNG and tractor crash into each other in Noakhali: 3 dead
Noakhali, Apr 13 (UNB/BdChronicle):
Three people were killed and three others injured as a CNG-run auto-rickshaw crashed into a tractor at Ebu company area in Companyganj upazila on Saturday night.
The deceased were identified as Alamgir Hossain Mirza,30, auto-rickshaw deiver Habib,38 and Harun,25-all hailed from Companyganj upazila.
Witnesses said the CNG-run auto-rickshaw crashed into the mud-laden tractor around 11 pm, leaving six people injured.
Among the injured, three people died on way to hospital. The other injured were admitted to Noakahli Medical College Hospital and Companyganj upazila health complex.
Companyganj thana officer-in-charge Sajedur Rahman said the tractor driver managed to flee away.