- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Jamaat leader Masud remanded for 14 more days
A Dhaka Court on Monday grants 14 more days remand against the detained Jamaat-e-Islami executive member Dr Shafiqul Islam Masud in six cases.
Metropolitan Magistrate Shahriar Mahmud Adnan and Rezaul Karim grants the 9 days remand in four cases filed in capital’s Motijheel Police Station 5 days in another two cases filed at Ramna Police Station.
Detective Branch of Police appealed 54 days remand against the Jamaat leader after producing him before the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Court after 5 day remand earlier.
On August 9, Police arrested 20 Jammat leaders including Dr Masud from a residence in the capital’s Mohammadpur area.
He was taken 11 days remand while another 19 have been punished in different periods.