- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Jamaat leader Dr Masud remanded for 7 more days again
A Dhaka Court on Wednesday grants 7 more days remand against the detained Jamaat-e-Islami executive member Dr Shafiqul Islam Masud in three cases.
Earlier the Detective Branch (DB) Police produced the Jamaat leader before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Court and appealed for 30 days remand.
After hearing the Metropolitan Magistrate Asaduzzman Nur grants the 7 days remand in in three cases filed at capital’s Palton Police Station.
The Jamaat leader is undergoing 14 days remand in four separate cases filed at Motijheel Police Station and another two at Ramna Police Station.
On August 9, Police arrested 20 Jammat leaders including Dr Masud from a residence in the capital’s Mohammadpur area.
He was remanded for 25 days earlier in total eight separate cases while another 19 have been punished in different periods.